Town of Berry Frequently Asked Questions


If there is a topic you cannot locate here, check the site index page or try a search!

When are burning permits required?

Review the information on burning permits on the Permit page here.

When do I need a building permit?

Review the information on building permits on the Permit page here

How do I obtain an absentee ballot?

Details on obtaining an absentee ballot are available here.

When will I receive my property tax bill?

Tax bills are sent out to all property owners in December. Please notify the Town Treasurer of address changes at 608-767-4152 or email the Town at

How do I obtain a dog license?

Details about obtaining dog licenses are available here

When is garbage picked up?

Garbage is picked up weekly on Mondays, recyclables every other week. See the schedule on the services page.

Clean sweep/ hazardous materials disposal/electronics recycling

Dispose of unwanted or damaged paints, varnishes, finish removers, kerosene, driveway sealant and other chemicals and solvents at Dane County Clean Sweep. For electronics recycling, check the DNR Ecycle webpage. Town and Country will also provide special pickup for a fee, when arranged with the company directly. Contact them: Town & County Sanitation, 1-800-626-1915.