Town of Berry Frequently Asked Questions
If there is a topic you cannot locate here, check the site index page or try a search!
- What's with the electronic newsletters and why is the calendar so hard to read?
- When are burning permits required?
- When do I need a building permit?
- How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
- When will I receive my property tax bill?
- How do I obtain a dog license?
- When is garbage picked up?
- How do I dispose hazardous materials properly?
- Where do I recycle electronics?
Newsletters and other PDF files
Portable Document Format (PDF) is the global standard for capturing and reviewing rich information from almost any application on any computer system and sharing it with virtually anyone, anywhere. It shows the style and format desired by the creator of the document rather then converting it to available type faces and styles available on the viewer’s computer.
Until recently, PDF documents needed to be downloaded and viewed from each viewer’s computer. With recent browsers and newer versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and helper applications viewers can now see a file online and decide if and where to download it. However, large PDF files will take longer to appear especially if using dial-up access where broadband service is not available.
Review the information on burning permits on the Permit page here.
Review the information on building permits on the Permit page here
Details on obtaining an absentee ballot are available here.
Dispose of unwanted or damaged paints, varnishes, finish removers, kerosene, driveway sealant and other chemicals and solvents at Dane County Clean Sweep. For electronics recycling, check the DNR Ecycle webpage. Town and Country will also provide special pickup for a fee, when arranged with the company directly. Contact them: Town & County Sanitation, 1-800-626-1915.