Photo ID requirements have been suspended due to court order
Any qualified registered elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on election day may request to vote by an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on election day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered. An acceptable photo ID is not currently required before receiving a ballot. An acceptable ID is:
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- A military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
- A U.S. passport
(Identifications above must be unexpired, or if expired, have expired after the date of the most recent general election.)
- A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
- A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 60 days)
- An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 60 days)
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
- An unexpired identification card issued by a Wisconsin-accredited university or college that contains the following:
-- Date of Issuance
-- Signature of Student
-- Expiration date not later than two years after date of issuance
-- The university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment for the current school term
To obtain an absentee ballot you must make a request in writing. Your options are:
1. Download the Application for Absentee Voting, complete the form and mail it to the Town Hall, 9046 State Road 19, Mazomanie, WI 53560 along with a copy of your photo ID. The application must be received by the town clerk no later than 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
2. Request an absentee ballot by letter. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. Mail it to the Town Hall, 9046 State Road 19, Mazomanie, WI 53560. The letter must be received by the town clerk no later than 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
3. Fax the Application for Absentee Voting or letter requesting an absentee ballot to the town clerk at 767-3015 by 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you. Starting with the April 3, 2012 Election clerks can only email or fax absentee ballots to military and overseas electors.
4. Request an absentee ballot in person at the town hall. This can be done up until 5:00 pm on the Friday before the election. In person voting begins the third Monday before the election.